I am usually sad to see another year pass by. But for many reasons, I will be glad to close the history books on 2008. It has not been a year without many exciting and wonderful things...but it has not been without its pitfalls either! Those of you who are close to us know what I mean when I say "Good Riddance 2008!" ;0) With that said, I thought I would take a moment to review the wonderful blessings that have taken place in 2008...
January-
Alyssa and Averie won at the district level and Averie won at the regional level of the Reflections contest.
Alyssa won 1st place in the Science Fair.
February-
Averie turned 8 years old! She has a HUGE Hannah Montana Movie Premiere Birthday Party!
Bevan had a great time with the girls at Bring Your Dad to Dance Week!
March-
Averie chose to be and was baptized on March 1. We had a beautiful day!
We had a fun Easter.
Alyssa got to perform in Odyssey Dance Theatre's "Shut Up and Dance" in "Heartland" choreographed by the wonderful and talented Miss Tiffany!
The girls both won first in their division's with their solos and their teams did well too at "Dance for Life" competition!
We left on a ten day vacation to the Bahamas, and Disneyland! We swam with Dolphins, ate breakfast with Mickey and the gang, danced with a Bahamian Band, ate wonderful food, went on a catamaran snorkel trip, and just plain had a blast!
April-
We returned home from a wonderful vacation, tanned and well rested...just in time to enjoy the school Spring Break-which we took the opportunity to go to Vernal and have fun with family!
The girls had a very successful time at Dance America. They took first in their solos, and Averie and Emily took first in their duet and won "Best Costume". Their team numbers all did very well too!
May-
Bevan and I enjoyed the last Jazz vs Laker playoff game...too bad the Jazz lost.
Alyssa and Averie win scholarships at JUMP Convention! Alyssa in tap and Averie in Jazz.
Bevan and I had a fabulous time in the Czech Republic for 5 days thanks to Union Central! We had an amazing trip, I was surprised I actually survived the plane ride (I am severely chlosterphobic.) But we had unforgettable experiences at the castle, go to see the Prime Minister, visited old museums, walked streets that date back to the 700's, ate a world class dinner at the Castle (after being driven there in a private car and welcomed by the Court Jester-red carpet and trumpets and all) It was such a fun time to be together and I fell in love with Europe!!
Another School Year is Done! Yeah!
June-
Bevan celebrates his 35th birthday!
Good friends from Colorado, Amy and Callie spend a week with us.
We have a fun summer following Thayne and Matt (from our studio) on "So You Think You Can Dance" Darcey and Lyss are interviewed on Fox 13 News a couple of times.
July-
We headed to Vernal for the annual Dinosaur Roundup Rodeo! Yee-Haw!
Brooke, Baylee and Brexton come for a week to visit. A highlight from the year!! We love to see them! After, Baylee stayed for another week, and then we shipped the two girls off on their very first solo plane rides for Alyssa to enjoy a week in Colorado!
Bevan and I celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary! Love you babe!
August-
Darcey celebrates her 33rd birthday.
Another school year begins way too early-Alyssa 6th grade, Averie 3rd grade, and Brooks begins preschool!!
September-
Brooks turns 3!
We enjoy a fun family camping trip with the Mooring, and Batholemew family at the Bartholemew cabin in Schofield.
Brooks has fun starting Itty Bitty Ball!
October-
Alyssa celebrates her 12th birthday!!! She attends the temple to do baptisms for the dead for the first time. She graduates from Primary and earns her Faith in God award and enter Young Women!
Alyssa gets to perform in Odyssey's "Thriller"
We have a fun Halloween with a Gothic Ballerina, Gothic Rag Doll and our own little Ninja!
We also enjoy UEA weekend with the Isom Family, going to Lagoon and Cornbelly's.
November-
We have a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner at home with family!
Averie has first performance at the Poinsettia Festival and does a great job!
Alyssa begins performing in Odyssey's "It's A Wonderful Life".
Alyssa is on Fox13's Good Day Utah with Big Budah.
December-
"It's A Wonderful Life" continues and ends with a wonderful run!
We have a wonderful month celebrating the birth of the Savior.
We go as a family to "Savior of the World" and Averie meets President Uchtdorf.
We meet together with wonderful family and friends to enjoy the season!
And enjoy a quiet, relaxing winter break!!
It is amazing when we look back over life, how immensly the Lord is blessing us! I hope we truly thank Him daily for all that we enjoy from His hands. We love our family and friends and thank you for your love and support in 2008...it's history!
Bring on a wonderful and prosperous 2009 for all!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
We have so many blessing everyday. Thanks for sharing your year. It looks like you had a great Christmas. Happy New Year.
Post a Comment