Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving





















We had a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday. It started with Averie's first performance of the year at Highland Gardens Poinsettia Festival. She did a great job. Thanksgiving was at our house this year. My Mom and Dad, and Abbey and Jed and their family, were the only ones who ended up making it. Joey and Josh and the gang were supposed to come but came down with the dreaded "pink eye" and couldn't make it. I decided to really involve the kids in the food preparation and they love it. Brooks and Averie worked together on the Banana Cream Pie. It was delicious! Alyssa made the fruit salad-it was yummy too! After dinner, we decorated Gingerbread houses...it was fun, messy and frustrating! But the end result was great. We all got a good laugh at Ezra, who would suck on the candy for a bit before placing it on the house. The day after Thanksgiving, "It's A Wonderful Life" opened and we all went to support Lyss. It is such a great show, and a wonderful way to start out the Holiday season.
I love Thanksgiving and the reminder to each of us of how immensely the Lord is blessing us. I feel so blessed to have the friends and family that I do. You make our life "Wonderful".

4 comments:

Welyka said...

What a fun Thanksgiving. Glad you are doing well!!!

Jessica said...

Thanks for letting me view your blog! I must say I am very impressed with your room mom abilities being a teacher and all! You have a great family and look like a fantastic mom!

Cindi said...

What a great weekend. I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving. So much to be thankful for. And the food looks great--I'm hungry again. :)

Holly & Matthew Blanchard said...

AWH... I loved all of these pictures!! It looks like this was "one Wilde family"... full of love! :) Thank you for your example!!! :) Your family is amazing!!! We feel so blessed to know you. :)