Friday, December 12, 2008

The Christmas Program that Wasn't





Brooks woke up very excited for his first Preschool Christmas Program. It was conveniently held at the girls school. We arrived early so that I could check the girls out of class, they were very excited to see him perform. Well, he happily took their hands and walked quickly down the hall to the gymnasium. Once in the front doors he stopped, and looked around and said "I don't want to". He even walked up to where his teacher was sitting on the stage to tell her "he didn't want to". Needless to say, I sent the girls back to class, texted Bevan and told him not to bother finding a place to park, and Brooks and I sat on the "sidelines". He would turn to me each song and giggle and say he "really liked this one". He is a funny little boy, at times he is the most friendly, outgoing kid and others he is as shy as can be. Either way, we love him and he brightens our days!

3 comments:

Holly & Matthew Blanchard said...

AHW.... I love Brooks! :) I can't believe our grown-up he looks in his studly outfit! :) What a little cutie. Kids are so funny sometimes. Our ward Primary presentation was this past Sunday and we had a couple of similar scenarios as well. haha! The kids brought smiles to our faces. They were so funny to watch. I am glad you were still able to watch from the sidelines. :) I can't believe he is in preschool! :) What a little stud. :) Hope all is well! With love :)

Paul and Megan Hawkes said...

What a cute family. We aren't old enough to have that big of kids, are we? I am so glad you found my blog. I love blogging it is a great way to keep up on everyone and keep a family journal. I will let you know what competitions we are going to as soon as I know. Merry Christmas.

Cindi said...

Isn't it funny how kids will always surprise you and you just have to go with the flow. He's so handsome.