I was so proud of my girls this weekend. It was Dance for Life competition and they did amazing! Friday was solo competition, and Averie did her solo the best she has ever performed it and received a gold, and second place (by 3 points). Alyssa also did a great job-she received a PLATINUM for her solo (her first Platinum ever) and first place in her category (of which she was the only one)...but then also received 3rd place overall in the advanced division! They actually announced that it had been a tie, and they had to do a tie-breaker by technical merit. This was an amazing accomplishment and it was so much fun for her. There were some of the best dancers in the state there!
The next morning at the hotel, we were eating breakfast and Derryl happened to walk in. He came over to our table and said "Alyssa, I am afraid there were some mistakes with the judging last night, and I am going to have to take back your award" She said, "OK" and then he said "I am just kidding, I would like to invite you to do your solo at Shut Up and Dance, your solo is great, you did a fantastic job and I loved it!" At that point, she jumped up and was like "Are you kidding? Oh my gosh, I am so excited!! Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU!!"
Typically, only the high point advanced soloist gets to perform, but he liked hers so much, he wanted her to perform as well. We are very excited for Thursday night!! If you are in the Salt Lake area and would like to come to the show, let me know and I will arrange your tickets for you. She is also performing in Heartland that night. It is going to be so much fun, and as always...Odyssey will be incredible!!
Saturday was a fun day too. The girls teams did very well and scored golds, and first places too! I was so proud of them , and like I have said before, watching them perform is one of my favorite things to do!!
*Sorry, no pics...brought my camera, and didn't have my memory card!!
On Sunday, Alyssa gave her first Youth Speaker talk in Sacrament Meeting. She did a really good job. We were proud parents for sure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Way to go girls. What an awesome accomplishment. I wish we could come and watch this weekend. I am sure Shut up and Dance is awesome. What an honor to be asked to dance. Good job on speaking in Sacrament that is scary and such a growing experience.
Our first comp is April 3&4. Counting down the days. We can't wait.
OH DARCEY! I am so happy for Averie and Lyss!! It's always nice to know that their (and yours) hard work and dedication was truly appreciated by so many! I AM SO HAPPY for you and Bevan. What a great support team those girl have from family and dear friends! CONGRATS! HOW EXCITING! :)
ALSO... congrats to Lyss on her church talk! I am sure it was so special. That's a huge accomplishment indeed! :)
That is awesome! Congrats Alyssa & Avery! Kennedy spoke in church this month too. Sounds like you're doing great.
Post a Comment