
I have hungered for this weekend's General Conference. I pray that we can all listen and hearken! What a wonderful blessing it is to be able to be taught from the Lord's prophets here on earth. I would love everyone to comment after each session and let me know what your favorite talks were!!
****Saturday Morning Session****
Okay, now I know why I have been hungering for conference to begin. I feel so wonderful already, and we still have three sessions to go!! It is amazing how each session it seems that one, two or all of the speakers are actually sitting in your living room and you have just told them all about what is happening in your life, and they are responding to your plea's for help and direction.
My favorite talk of this session was President Uchtdorf. This message of hope was a direct message to my heart. I had tears of gratitude when it was over for a loving Heavenly Father who hears and answers my prayers and my calls for help. What a beautiful message of hope-I can not wait for this talk to be in print!! "Have hope when everything around you speaks against it" "Put hope into action, don't just worry and wait" "Hope is not knowledge, it is confidence".
My other highlights were Elder L Tom Perry, reminding us that "The Best is Yet to Be" and to "simplify" our lives to avoid being overtaken by stress and anxiety; also, Elder Neil L Anderson's reminder "you don't know everything, but you know enough", "sometimes just knowing that God loves you is enough", "Faith is not ony a feeling, it is decision". Elder Oaks' talk was a great tool for reminding my kids about proper behavior during sacrament meeting, and more particularly during the ordinance of the sacrament. I was touched with the reminder that the Sacrament can be a great protection for us in our lives.
*****Saturday Afternoon Session*****
Again, what a wonderful session. With all the turmoil in the world, messages of hope and inspiration to help get us through another six months! First off, I have to say that the Primary Choir was so sweet. I guess because I am serving as the Primary Secretary in my ward right now, I was so impressed by this beautiful angelic choir. I had two favorites of this session-The first had to be Elder Wirthlin, I always love his messages and today was no exception. "Come what may and love it" "Laugh, Endure Well, the Lord's Compensation Plan, and Put Our Trust in the Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ." I love his simple secret, "Put your trust in the Lord, do your best and leave the rest to Him." "Adversity handled correctly can be a blessing."
My other favorite was Elder Holland. "Angels will visit us and minister to us...sometimes he sends one sometimes he sends hosts" "Take heart, be filled with faith, the Lord will fight our battles." "Heaven never seems closer than when we see angelic qualities in others." I know I am blessed daily by all the angels (seen and unseen)in my life.
I can't wait for tomorrow...





No comments:
Post a Comment