Sunday, October 5, 2008

General Conference Continued...

Okay, today was just as wonderful as yesterday. I feel so refreshed and renewed! My favorite talks today were...
President Eyring-What a great message of unity! Be a peacemaker, be humble, speak well of each other, don't judge.
Elder Hales-"Christian Courage", forgive others easily, see opportunity in the midst of adversity, our personal concern should be for the welfare of others, be slow to take offense and first to forgive, look for your own faults first.
Because Alyssa is only two weeks away from being a Young Woman, I loved hearing from Sister Dalton and her message "return to virtue". A few quotes I especially like were; "Be the one to make a stand, even if you stand alone" and "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare"
President Monson-I love his message about change!! Most changes are incremental, but monumental in our lives. The greatest lessons we can learn are the ones between what is important and what is not. HAVE JOY IN THE JOURNEY!!! If you collect a lot of tomorrows, you will end up with a lot of empty yesterdays. Rather than dwelling in the past, create todays. Tiny fingerprints, toys and laundry will all too soon disappear. "Never let a problem to be solved be more important than a person to be loved"(-one of my favorites of all of conference!) "No Room In The Inn was not a singular expression, just the first."
And finally, Elder Cook! "Hope you know we had a hard time" "Sometimes the things that are best for us are the most bitter", "The spring is going to open soon, and we will only suffer as much as is for our good", "All clouds do not produce rain".
I can hardly wait for the November Ensign to arrive! My testimony has been strengthened, my spirit renewed and I am so grateful for God's prophets. How blessed we truly are. I hope I can apply their sweet messages into my life and the lives of my family...And try a little harder to do a little better!

1 comment:

TJC said...

I agree! What a wonderful, much needed, refreshing weekend! Love you guys! Tiffany