Friday, October 17, 2008

I love to see the Temple...




I am so proud of Alyssa and the beautiful young woman she is becoming. For her 12th birthday, she decided that she would like to spend it at the temple doing baptisms for the dead. The Mt Timpanogas Temple President, has made it possible for the youth to drop in and do baptisms anytime they want and encourages them to come often. I think that is the most wonderful thing. What a way to establish a habit and love of regular temple attendance. So, Alyssa called the bishop herself on Sunday morning, and schedule her recommend appointment. Then on her birthday, (Wednesday night) Alyssa, Bevan, Grandpa Olsen and I took her to the temple do baptisms. Bevan was able to baptize her and Grandpa witnessed. It was a wonderful night, and one I hope she never forgets. She is so excited to go back. She wants to set a goal of weekly attendance...shoot for the moon babe!

4 comments:

Chauntue Peterson said...

ohhh what a great young woman, what a great way to celebrate coming into young women's. Keep up the good work Alisa.

Dunbars said...

That is so cute! You and Bevan are great parents!

Olsen Family said...

Lyssa- I am so proud of you. I love your big heart and your ability to love life with all of its ups and downs. I love you so much and am proud to be your uncle. Joe dirt said it best.. "keep on keepin on, lifes a garden; dig it!"
love wyatt

Olsen Family said...

Lyssa- I am so proud of you. I love your big heart and your ability to love life with all of its ups and downs. I love you so much and am proud to be your uncle. Joe dirt said it best.. "keep on keepin on, lifes a garden; dig it!"
love wyatt