“The work will wait while you show the child the rainbow, but the rainbow won't wait while you do the work."
I love rainbows. Every time I look at one, I feel a quiet peace and remember who I am and that I indeed have a Father in Heaven who loves me. It also reminds me to stop for just a moment, breathe in the fresh air, and take time to appreciate the beauties my life offers me every day that I so quickly pass by.
I remember the first time I heard the quote above, and every time I see a rainbow, I am reminded that my precious angels' childhood is so quickly passing by. It makes me re-examine my priorities and set goals to be a better mom.
Isn't that what the rainbow is all about? A promise that we can be better, than no matter what is happening in our life-storms a rainbow of promise shines through the clouds promising that the light will come and our lives can me made whole and we can be better?
Just the other rainy day, while working on the dishes, and contemplating the storms of life we currently are passing through-a very excited 3 year old came running to my side yelling for me to "come see the rainbow!!!" I quickly followed him and we sat outside with his sisters and just enjoyed the moment. Abbey grabbed the camera and took this picture. I love it, because the rainbow is shining even though the clouds are still dark and gray. That is how life feels for me right now, even though times are hard, every day the Lord gives me a rainbow, something to appreciate and to remind me he loves me.
"Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue, and the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true..."





1 comment:
Love this! What a great reminder!!Thanks!
Post a Comment