Tuesday, June 9, 2009

It's that time of year!!...and we are sooo excited!

So what do I get the most excited about in the month of May??? The beginning of a new season of....
To help you understand I am not just a "general fan" of the show...
Season 1 Finale-Viewed while in the hospital in labor with Brooks!
Season 2 Huge Benji Schwimmer Fan-watched every show and bought tickets to the tour the MINUTE they went on sale!! Made "Tranji" hats for my kids to wear to the tour-(only a true fan even knows what Tranji stood for :D) Went on to meet and become friends with Allison, Ivan, and Benji. Talked to Travis a few times too :D
Season 3 Scored tickets to a taping, went on a crazy trip with Abbey, Jamie and Jessi. We ended up "flirting" our way to be the first into the studio and chose spots right in front of the judges (where Nigel proceeded to "flirt" with Abbey all night-gross on so many levels) We ended up with our mugs on tv several times! We happened to be at the show that Jamie and Hok did their "infamous Hummingbird routine" it was amazing! After the show, we walked to The Cheesecake Factory and ended up meeting Pasha (yum), Anya and many other contestants from the show. It was one of the funnest trips ever!



Season 4
We were so excited when auditions came to Utah! A ton of dancers we knew made it to Vegas and in the end, we had two friends, Thayne and Matt make it through to the Top 20! We cheered them on and voted like crazy...Matt made it to the Top 14 and Thayne to the Top 12. Fox 13 came to the studio three times, and Alyssa and I ended up being interviewed a few times! The guy thought I was an expert on the Hot Tamale Train! It was so fun to follow Thayne and Matt and in the end we ended up going to the tour!



And alas...SEASON 5!
This year, our good friend BRANDON BRYANT made TOP 20! He is AMAZING as you will see and we are so excited to see him strut his stuff!
Before he left to LA, he taught Alyssa's Hip-Hop Company a routine for next year. It is the BOMB! Here are some pics from before he left...





So excited to see what will happen this season!

3 comments:

kris said...

I LOVE it Darcey!!!! You are the ultra SYTYCD fan! Isn't this season just soooooo awesome?! Go Brandon!

Anonymous said...

We should just call you superfan.

MELANIE said...

I didn't see season 1 but I've been hooked ever since season 2 started. I am jealous that you went to a taping - TOTALLY RAD! I didn't like many of the dances last week so I hope that this week is better.