Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Mom, remind me again, what are those called?

Ok, I am sick of looking at my last post. AND, I had meant to add this story about Averie on her birthday post as one of my favorite memories of her. It happened over 3 years ago, but I have to get it written somewhere. I hope it brings a smile to your face and a good laugh to your heart!
When Brooks was just a few weeks old, and Averie was 5, we were sitting on the couch and I was changing his diaper. Averie watched me quizzically and then very seriously asked, "Mom, remind me again, what are those called?" (pointing at his private parts). I debated for a second as to what to tell her, but decided to resort to honesty, and answered, "Those are his testicles." She quickly replied, "OH! I thought they were his brains!" I giggled and thought to myself, "Girl, you don't know how right you are...if you have that figured out you are well ahead of the game!"

7 comments:

Paul and Megan Hawkes said...

That is so funny. That is so true! She must be one smart little girl! I hope you are having a better day.

JoshnJoeyJohnston said...

I totally forgot about that- that was great! So smart for such a young age. Love you!

Heather said...

Ha Ha Ha - so funny!! and SO true!!

Heather said...

HaHaHa - so funny and SO true!!

the4isoms said...

LOL :) Gotta love kids. They can be very insightful. It's great to capture those funny memories.

Cindi said...

That is a great and hilarious story. Good thing you got it written down.

Amber said...

What a smart girl you have!!