Sunday, February 8, 2009
Life ain't always beautiful...
I have typically saved posting for the awesome events and highlights of our life. But today, I am feeling extremely frustrated and down about a lot of things. And I have decided that it is okay to admit and acknowledge that sometimes life isn't pretty, sometimes the moment isn't wonderful, somedays just really stink...sometimes we find ourselves in the middle of situations that aren't our fault, yet affect us in so many ways. Most of the time, it is easy for me to pull myself out of these feelings...I am such a common sense person. When I hear uplifting quotes and stories, or good advice most often it is like, "Ya, I knew that-thanks for reminding me" and I am able to stop the self-pity-party...but today is not one of those days, and actually the last week has not been one of those weeks...It is ok, because tomorrow I will probably resort back to the common sense me, "It could always be worse", "It is what it is", "I have what I need", "Family is really all that matters", etc, etc...but today I am just going to cry in my milk and take a moment to pity myself...Life can be incredibly hard...and it IS okay to cry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
I guess we were thinking a like. I blogged about my frustation also. Hang in there!!
Darcey, thank you for that most personal post. Although, we cannot fully comprehend every detail and angle... please know we love you and your family very much and we think of you quite often. Our hearts are full of gratitude for being able to know you and learn from your Christlike examples. :) We sure do keep you in our prayers. LOVE YOU :)
Life can sometimes be a pain in the BOOTIE!!! It's okay to cry!! I do too!!
I am so glad you are normal! Somedays life sucks!! But you are forever loved!!
I am so sorry to hear you are having a bad day. It's okay to cry and even ask for help. Sometimes we feel like we need to be super human mom's, and that we can't show when something is wrong. Thank you for sharing that we are all human. If I can do anything please let me know. Call me we can just talk!
Post a Comment