Thursday, February 5, 2009

Averie Turns 9!

























Happy Birthday to sweet Averie! I really can't believe she is 9, it honestly seems like yesterday that she was being baptized and I was in denial that she was 8.
I think she had a pretty great Birthday WEEK! Ha, ha. She started the festivities on Friday, January 30 with a fun birthday party that ended up with 20 guests. I originally made 15 invites, she took them to dance and (I thought) handed them out to all her company, and then had a few for school friends too. Well, turns out she only got about 5 handed out, and then took the remaining 10 to school and handed them out to all of her friends. When I found this out (just two days before the party) I had to mad dash and make another 10 invites for her dance team (because you can't leave anyone out) and get them to their moms that night. So I guess after inviting 25 ending up with 20 was good.
We had an accessory party and made bottle cap necklaces, beaded name bracelets and flower hair clips. It was a lot of fun. They ate pizza, cake and popcorn, giggled (a lot), and ended the night watching the Kit American Girl movie(most of them anyway-some were chasing Brooks-which he loved).
It was a fun night!
Next in the Birthday festivities, we traveled to Vernal to visit family. My Mom planned a birthday party for Averie at the Dinah Bowl. It was a lot of fun. Alyssa actually pulled out the skills and was pretty good (she doesn't take after me)-and I actually beat Heather!! lol...I had to take a picture because I NEVER beat ANYONE in bowling!! (and we weren't even using the bumpers-ha,ha)If you actually look at the scores you are laughing because anyone could have won who can bowl over a 120...lol.
Sunday was a fun Superbowl...and Wyatt was thrilled to rub in the Steeler's win.
Monday we traveled home and finished Alyssa's science fair project.
Tuesday was Averie's real Birthday and we had a family celebration with Abbey and the boys. Averie requested we have crepes for dinner, and Abbey made really yummy buttermilk "crownies" (mixture of cake and brownies).
Averie ended the Birthday week on Wednesday at dance, with treats and fun during company time.
We love you Averie, you are a beautiful girl inside and out!! Slow down on this getting old stuff!
*A lot of pictures, I know...but this is my journal and I actually could have added a ton more!

No comments: