Thursday, January 8, 2009

Body Worlds Night Out



Bevan and I snuck away for a quick date last night with good friends, the Mooring's and the Bartholemew's. We "flew" literally to make it to the last ticket showing of the night to the Body World's exhibit. Bevan and I have wanted to go for months and because it is leaving Salt Lake Saturday-and Bevan is leaving to go out of town for the weekend today, we had to make it up there! It was worth it. For me, it was a testimony of the marvelous creations of our Father in Heaven. That we truly are His children. Our bodies are amazing. When you think about how every socket is perfect, and all of the many gallons of blood our hearts pump without thinking about it, it is humbling. I was most intrigued by the embryo and baby section of the exhibit. Amazing that before most of us even know we are expecting, the baby has already formed enough to be recognized as a little human. Another thing that hit Bevan and I hard was the final quote of the exhibit about how a negative mind is the most harmful of anything to our bodies. Our thoughts and feelings can be more hurtful than anything else that could happen to our bodies. The power of positive thinking is so real...or as we know it, FAITH and HOPE, truly are the best medicine. I was grateful for the rushed but worth it night out with my best friend and appreciate my body more than ever.

3 comments:

Paul and Megan Hawkes said...

So much fun, a night out with friends and hubby. I wanted to go see it while we were in town, but we never made it. It looked amazing on the TV.

Cindi said...

Russell got to go but Randy and I didn't make it. Russ thought it was very cool. I'm glad you got to go.

The Atwood Family said...

I wanted to come out and see that it looked super interesting...