Averie loves to create and design new clothing. She is constantly sketching new designs, playing her Fashion Designer or Wedding Designer game on her Nintendo DS, or on the computer creating new looks on iDressup. She loves to go shopping, and if you ever need someone to give you an honest opinion,(like when you are jean shopping) she is your companion! Just be prepared, because she is honest! She loves to mix and match clothing and come up with (sometimes interesting, but usually very cute) new outfits. She loves to accessorize,too! One of her favorite shows is "What Not to Wear" and also "Say Yes to the Dress".
So when I heard about a sewing school here in Highland, I had to sign her up. She is loving this class! She has only been in it about 6 weeks, but she can hardly wait each week for the time to go. This is a picture of her first project, a bag. It is the required project when you begin. She is almost finished with a cute skirt too.
She has begun taking orders for custom headbands that she is designing herself. She came home with a price list, and tons of order forms from kids in her class. My initial reaction was, "Averie-you don't even have the fabric, or know what you are doing"...she then explained the whole process to me and said "I just need you to take me to buy the fabric, and set up your sewing machine"...I guess we will be making a trip to the store. Who am I to squash her dreams, and let down a bunch of 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th grade girls dying to wear an original design by Averie Wilde?
Who knows, maybe someday we will be wearing one of her designs from a designer boutique...





5 comments:
Watch out Vera Wang, here comes Averie Wilde! It is so cute. I love when they find a passion. Keep up the good work Averie!
OH HOW FUN!!!:) GREAT WORK MISS AVERIE! :) I LOVE IT !!! :) Keep up the great work! :)
That's awesome that she has such a great talent.
Way to go Averie! You're a rock star...I mean fashion designing diva! Love the bag!
That is so cute... Hey wouldn't that be a dream, have a daughter that is a fashion designer..
Post a Comment