
Mother's Day...how can you really spend just one day first off thanking your own mother for a lifetime of work and love and then also reflect on your own joy of being a mother yourself? My kids are my world and my world is better because of my own sweet mom. This year my mom spoiled me and took me on a much needed outing-shopping and then topping off our night with a dinner at our fave "Texas Roadhouse"!! It was a delicious day~ My kids took care of me too...Alyssa sent me a sweet letter from school, Averie made me the cutest pillow (pictured above-she also chose dragonfly material because she knows I love dragonflies) in her sewing class (she has been so careful to keep it from me all month) and Brooks made a handprint picture at school. I am so blessed!! The funniest part of all was Brooks' preschool program. I highly doubted he would do it...and I was wrong, he did sit there-but that was all. It was hilarious! If you have time to watch these videos I think they are a crack up-especially the yawn. Oh, and I had put a shirt on Brooks that day that had a heart tatoo that said "MOM" on it...he was not impressed and had to have a jacket zipped all the way to the top. The room at preschool was blistering hot, but he would not take it off for anything, such a stubborn little boy (must come from his dad :)! I did get a very private performance later and he tells me several times a day how much he loves me. I love being a mom! ~All I am, or can be I owe to my angel mother. -Abraham Lincoln
No comments:
Post a Comment